HE THAT KNOWS NEEDS NO EXPLANATION.
HE THAT NEEDS EXPLANATIONS WILL NEVER KNOW.

Monday, November 16, 2009

Through the Bog of questioning

The past few months have been quite intense for this christian mystic, so much that it he began to question all the things that had meant anything to him.
now, if you have ever gotten to a point where you challenge each and everything that you hold dear in life, you will agree with me that it can be quite an unnerving experience. it can only be equated with walking on bogged down, swampy marshes, where every step might lead to your eventual demise. the christian mystic felt claustophobic, trapped in the every day routine of life, enclosed, trapped, and his quest for a better way of life led him through the "bog of questioning".the christian mystic understood that life is all about growth and change, and this does not always come easy-sometimes the best way to grow is to face our worst fears and, hopefully, overcome them. with this in mind, the mystic stepped off into uncharted territory and came face to face with the unknown, all the while aware that the experience could only have two outcomes-total defeat or total victory.
having navigated through the swampy bog, the mystic is now an enlightened being. in the darkness that ruled over the bog, one light shone bright-Jesus Christ. though the mystic stumbled and fell many many times, the hand of the Lord was there, faifully picking him up and setting him on the right course. when the fog enshrouded itself around the mystic, choking the very life from him, when even death's icy hands touched the young mystic, draining him of the vital life force, Jesus' love and warmth was there to keep this solitary seeker of truth on track.
as disagreeable as it may seem at first, even the mystic himself felt like giving up-infact gave up on the whole journey thing and decided to let fate take its way. the mystic rebellled against the master, yes, even turned his face away from the light, but even then Jesus Christ, Lord of Lords and King of Kings, did not give up on the disillusioned young one, but constantly sought his attention, flooded him with love and was faithful to the very end.
having passed through all that, the mystic has come to know the person of his Lord and master even better, and has proven through experience what he knew theoretically, that the Lord "will never leave him nor forsake him". it is now that the words of psalms 23 ring true ...

1The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.

2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,

3 he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.

4 Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death, a]">[a]
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.

6 Surely goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment